Friday, August 11, 2006

I'm free!

Yesterday I went to a "town hall" style meeting that Rick Stengel, new editor of Time magazine was holding for his whole staff on the future of the magazine. It made me all jumpy and absurdly lucky to be here. He kept emphasizing that the role of Time is to "explain" and "analyze" the world and to help people understand it. It sounds gross and patronizing, but its such a noble goal if done right...I love it.

I emailed him after the meeting and told him what I had thought, why I've always been a Time-obsesee and gave him my feedback on what the more aware younger reader wants from the magazine. And he wrote me back. and he said "I wish they were a whole lot more like you out there. Thanks for your nice note. And, by the way, we usually take our interns after their junior year, so apply again next summer!"

Sick.

I thought that nothing could top that on my last day at Time Inc, until I opened my crisp new free issue of People magazine ("Before They Were Stars") from the lobby and had the pleasure to see this at nine in the morning.

Admire, drool:



Mmmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I DEMAND PICTURES!