Saturday, July 22, 2006

Baghdad: the City of a Million Ways To Die

Do Americans really know what the hell is going on in Iraq? Because I don't. Or I didn't.
I obviously still don't have much of a clue, but I read an article today that made me really worried, particularly about how or why information is discussed about the war in our world here.

I read news pieces on Iraq, and then I'll read very passionate or very intellectual op-eds or blog entries, but I never feel like I get them because they either assume I already know everything, which I don't, or they just write as if no one did, really.

Regardless, I read a piece in the new GQ with the horrible Justin Timberlake cover today, and it all finally clicked. And I really highly recommend it. It's by JEffrey Getleman, a writer from the New York Times Baghdad Bureau. I would link it but it's not online.

Wow, how ridiculous am I? "all i needed to know about iraq i read in gq"

no, but really.

...my grandma just spoke coherently after a month of not making a sound...

...i'm off for the wekend to go see jos at his genius camp!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is what i missed about your "blog"