7//11//06
My Hero: this guy, who started with a red paper clip and traded it for stuff all the way until someone gave him a house. no joke.
Boring Facts About Americans:
Worst excuse: Italian guy who got headbutted by Zidane: "I did insult him, it's true," Materazzi said in Tuesday's Gazzetta dello Sport. "But I categorically did not call him a terrorist. I'm not cultured and I don't even know what an Islamic terrorist is."
Awesome Fact About Americans: 90 percent of Americans believe most americans are too fat.
Best
Or Worst
Analysis of Soccer
(and the world)
Ever
(you decide):
America is based on a just and efficient meritocracy that thrives on measured competition. That's why soccer has never really quite caught on here...A culture gets the sport it deserves. While America runs and runs, the rest of the world takes its time and people's lives often change with one critical stroke of luck. In America, we believe in second chances. There's almost always hope that you can catch up in basketball and football. In soccer, you fall behind by two goals and you're pretty much done. Read the rest of the brilliant (sarcasm or truth? you decide) “Why Soccer Sucks” here.
Boring Facts About Americans:
42% say they're conservative and really are conservative"Duh" Breakthrough: The answer to recent trendy question, "Why is it that girls are doing way better in college than they did 30 years ago while boys are treading water?" It's just another reason why girls rule and boys drool: video games.
5% say they're liberal but are actually conservative
13% are genuinely centrist (or perhaps just confused)
13% say they're conservative but are actually liberal
27% say they're liberal and really are liberal from Washington Monthly
Worst excuse: Italian guy who got headbutted by Zidane: "I did insult him, it's true," Materazzi said in Tuesday's Gazzetta dello Sport. "But I categorically did not call him a terrorist. I'm not cultured and I don't even know what an Islamic terrorist is."
Awesome Fact About Americans: 90 percent of Americans believe most americans are too fat.
Best
Or Worst
Analysis of Soccer
(and the world)
Ever
(you decide):
America is based on a just and efficient meritocracy that thrives on measured competition. That's why soccer has never really quite caught on here...A culture gets the sport it deserves. While America runs and runs, the rest of the world takes its time and people's lives often change with one critical stroke of luck. In America, we believe in second chances. There's almost always hope that you can catch up in basketball and football. In soccer, you fall behind by two goals and you're pretty much done. Read the rest of the brilliant (sarcasm or truth? you decide) “Why Soccer Sucks” here.

1 comment:
yeah, but that red paperclip is huge.
Post a Comment