Thursday, July 20, 2006

Inspired by true events on movie screens

So, New York, like the rest of the universe, just had a massive heat wave. That also means life suddenly got super uber gnarly crazy and made people do crazy things, like pick my name out of a hat and give me my first real journalism assignment, or listen to the only three guster tracks on guster dot com on repeat for an entire work day (they're in the Bonus section on the top right). People loved talking about it.

When it ended, my mom and I were carrying the last remains of our life on 19th street out of the street elevator, it started pouring all of a sudden. After three days of 100+ weather. Naturally. It was heavy, movie set rain, and it felt fitting.

Then Lea Geyser and I shopped at Marc Jacobs. Um, what? as she said on her blog, I mean...livejournal, "THE IRONY OF THIS KILLS ME, BUT I WON'T MAKE JOKES"

Then I joined my first and only facebook global group, ever. That's because I'm pretty sure it can't be beat. Buca really does love us.

Then I got an assignment for a story in the New York Post. That's a real newspaper! in new york! and i get a byline! and 75 cents a word! !?!$(#). Today my editor e-mailed me something and this was at the end of the message:
This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to the
intended recipient), you are hereby notified that you have received
this transmission in error; any review, dissemination, distribution
or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by reply or by telephone (call us at 212-930-8000) and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Any content of this message and its attachments that does not relate to the official business of NYP Holdings, Inc. must be taken not to have been sentor endorsed by any of them.
Gnarly much?


Hmmmm what other craziness happened? Oh, I found the perfect shampoo for my weak, out of control, terribly damaged hair. A beauty product that actually works and actually makes your hair un-damaged is pretty much a miracle. You think I'm kidding...

Global Warming = Al Gore madness = Marc Jacobs T Shirt = Lea and I on Bleeker
Global Warming = Movie set rain = closure on final move out day
Global Warming = delirium = joining a facebook global group
Global Warming = alternate forces of the universe collide to make fern happy = nypost story

Thanks global warming?

...Anyway this in no way means I'm not scared out of my mind about doing this article.

3 comments:

terzic said...

Melan (milan?) got kicked out. i couldn't believe it.

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH i seriously hate the new album.

i mean, i think some of the songs are ok, but only if i pretend they aren't guster.

Anonymous said...

BBC has the best daily public mainstream corporate report of all the stuff Americans don't want to know and Bush doesn't want YOU to know!
want to see this article, good stuff man.
tom.
ps: next time call me before you guys go to central park